- Share your values by the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Teaching values to young children by My Young Child (stories and discussion questions on subjects such as sharing, respect, and responsibility).
- How to raise a good citizen by PBS Parents.
- Teaching your child to be respectful (video) by Great Schools.
- Raise respectful boys, not macho men by the CT Clearinghouse.
- Raising girls: School and social life by PBS Parents.
- Parent-teen relationships or Relación entre padres e hijos adolescentes by Planned Parenthood/Tools for Parents or Planned Parenthood/Herramientas para Padres.
- Keeping teens healthy by setting boundaries or Cuidar la salud de los adolescents por medio de límites by Planned Parenthood/Tools for Parents or Planned Parenthood/Herramientas para Padres.
- Families are talking: Friendship, dating, and love or La familia habla: Amistades, citas y amor by SIECUS.
- Color it rights! by CBU Children’s Rights Centre.
While every family is different, characteristics of healthy family relationships include:1
- Support, love, and caring for family members
- Security and a sense of belonging
- Open communication
- Each person in the family feels important, valued, and respected
Healthy family relationships prepare children to cultivate healthy relationships with people outside their families, throughout the course of their lives.